terça-feira, 5 de agosto de 2014

CAS: Creativity

LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
-prove to myself that I am capable of doing new things
-improve my skill at art endeavors
-make a nice piece of decoration for my room

Some days ago I decided to do something that I have always wanted to do; draw.
I would never have the courage to finish any drawing I attempted, because as soon as I started anything it would turn out bad and then I would get angry and throw it away. This time however, I decided not to give up until I had nailed a wolf's head, and after one hour of hard and frustrating work, I finally did it.

At first I had started by drawing the mouth from the neck and then following to the forehead, but it became a total mess and did not even look like a wolf. This is the point where I normally give up, but this time I said to myself "get the picture of an actual wolf and don't stop trying until you make it look good", and well, the result was surprisingly good.


PREPARATION: After the drawing was finished I was amazed by my own potential, and decided to put it in a canvas so that it would last longer and I would be able to put it in my room. I went to the store and bought some new painting materials since my current ones were somewhat old and dry, thus I was all set.


Then I went on to put my drawing in a painting. I had painted once before but I didn't have much experience, my mother, on the other hand, had painted through all of her life. She showed me some amazing tricks such as using a spatula to give texture and I used my own style to make things such as the transition from the moon to the night sky. The eye was the hardest part, but with a lot of tension and sweat I got it done without major problems. At the end, the results simply amazed me, and now I am glad that I had the courage to keep going and not give up


LEARNING OUTCOMES:
-If I dedicate myself towards something, I can do it

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário